Devotion: Worthy of God’s Love[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.0.7″ global_module=”46200″ saved_tabs=”all”]
It’s February. 2020 has settled in. You’re starting to remember to write 2020 instead of 2019. The newness has already worn off. Resolutions you made are losing momentum. You’ve yet to meet up with that woman God put on your heart.
I want to start by saying, you are enough, and you are worthy of God’s love. Your shortcomings don’t define you or your future, and there are no prerequisites to belong in God’s family. Song of Songs 2:4 (NIV) says it all when we’re feeling defeated, “Let him lead me to the banquet hall, and let his banner over me be love.” Let’s stop and allow God to lead us there and love us.
Brené Brown, one of my favorite authors, tells us that though we’re wired for struggle, we are worthy of love and belonging. We’re all in this together – loving women to Jesus and doing it imperfectly. So, what are we to do when we don’t know what to do next?
What is that word we’ve been saying over and over? RALLY. This is the perfect time. We need to rally and let God do the fighting so we can ready ourselves to get back at it.
Whether you’re gathered with a group of others today, one-on-one with someone else, or by yourself, visualize that you are at the rally. What do you do at the rally?
- Come clean. Confess your fears, your struggles, and exhaustions. (James 5:16)
- Express gratitude. Where is God at work? What can you be thankful for today? (Psalm 107:8-9)
- Speak truth. While you’re rallying together, God is still fighting. (Nehemiah 4:20, Exodus 14:14)
- Pray for each other. Pray the names of women who need to know Jesus. Pray for yourselves that God would restore you to His mission for your life. (Colossians 4:3-4)
- Who are the women in your life you’re fighting for to know Jesus?
- What action step are you going to take this month to grow in friendship with one of those women?
- Who is fighting with you toward the same goal? Rally back to them for encouragement this month when things get tough. Rally back to them when there’s cause for celebration, big or small!
Who is she? Where is she?
She is that woman who needs to know Christ. She is in your community.[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text admin_label=”Prayers” _builder_version=”4.0.9″]
- Do you really believe that God loves you for exactly who you are? Pray that God would tangibly show you His love for you today. If you struggle to believe His love, ask Him to meet you there.
- Pray God’s banner of love over specific women in your life who either need to know Him or need to be reminded that He loves them.
- Pray that God will show you how to bless one woman in your life who does not yet know Him this Valentine’s Day. Ask Him to help you find room in your schedule to make it happen!
- What did God show you when you prayed? Who is one woman you can bless this Valentine’s Day? Maybe take her flowers and a nice note and ask how you can pray for her. Ask a Christian woman in your life to hold you accountable to make this happen.
- Who in your family really needs some extra love this month? Take an intentional moment to ask how you can pray for them or listen to what’s going on in their lives.
- Do you have a longtime friend or family member who is far from God? It takes one simple question in conversation to help her consider life with Him. Here’s an example: “What would it be like if you trusted Jesus to love you completely and give you peace?”
Add your own personal thoughts and prayers.
What steps will you take this month to say “yes” to Jesus? How will you share the Gospel?
We Pray. God Answers. We Go!