Join us during our 85 Year of Influence anniversary year by praying for women near you and worldwide as we love others toward Jesus. We will provide prayer prompts for the month right here in this blog.
Praying as one before the throne of our Father in Heaven is a powerful way to bring in the next season of ministry together.
Gather with a group or use your own prayer time to seek God as we reach into our communities with love and hope for those who need to hear about the saving power of Jesus Christ.
Download this prayer prompt card for your Bible or quiet time area to remind you what to pray for, and follow the prompts below!
Prayer Prompts for May
For Upcoming Outreach Events Across the Nation:
Read: Matthew 9:2
Some people brought to him a paralyzed man on a mat. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, “Be encouraged, my child! Your sins are forgiven.”
Pray: Father God, this man’s friends worked hard to bring him to Jesus for healing and found something even greater: forgiveness. May we work as hard to bring those we know who need Jesus.
- Those being invited. That they would sense a deep need to come to the event
- No barriers to keep the women from coming
- Eyes to get to know and invite people who are different than us—rather than guessing who would respond.
Sharing Our Faith
Read: Mark 1:4
This messenger was John the Baptist. He was in the wilderness and preached that people should be baptized to show that they had repented of their sins and turned to God to be forgiven.
Pray: Dear Lord, may we be faithful messengers like John the Baptist, bringing the Good News of repentance and forgiveness to all who need to hear it.
- For creativity in how we explain our faith to others so they can understand and receive
- Us to save our energy and notice new people and ask God for a heart to get to know them.
Pray for the Stonecroft Family
Read: Ephesians 4:32
Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
Pray: Dear Lord, let the fragrance of kindness and love permeate the entire Stonecroft organization, from staff to volunteers to Board members, so that people who encounter us see You.
- Favor in planning events and for unity among local, regional, and national Stonecroft sisters.
- Our international partners to flourish, even as many face opposition to the Gospel.
- Flexibility to try new ways of loving our communities toward Jesus.