Devotion: Thankful for Our Banner
As we prepare for Thanksgiving this month, what are you most thankful for? What comes to mind? Are you wondering what your family gathering may look like this year? Do your thoughts also turn to grateful memories of what God has done in and through Stonecroft, even during these uncertain and ever-changing times with a pandemic?
As I reflect on this past year, my heart is glad as I’ve had wonderful opportunities to come alongside Stonecroft women from across the nation through Zoom calls in Relational Evangelism Coaching groups. Together, we take weekly action steps to reach out to women who do not know Jesus yet. It’s all about building relationships, and I have loved cheering on women and praying for the big steps, as well as the smaller ones. We remember the “harvest is plentiful, yet the workers are few,” so we step out by faith.
Before the start of one of the Zoom Relational Evangelism Coaching calls, I was waiting along with my co-leader, Meredith Russell, for other women to join the call, and Meredith said, “I’m so excited to begin Relational Evangelism Coaching that it feels like I am waiting for Christmas!” Her comment made me wonder how God might feel as He sees His “daughters” preparing for the harvest. Does His heart leap in joyful anticipation?
How has God used you in preparing for the spiritual harvest this past year or in years prior?
How has God been speaking to you with regards to loving women to Jesus?
Who might you partner with you as a co-laborer for the sake of the Gospel?
What might the end of this year and 2021 look like as you plan action steps to prepare for the harvest?
Have you been loving women to Jesus this past year? If so, that is truly cause for thanksgiving, honor, and praise to our great God! The Stonecroft board and staff praise God for all the wonders He has done through you, and we are grateful as we count YOU as a special blessing this year. Thank you for your investment with us through all your prayers, volunteer hours, financial gifts, and planning so that women might hear about the Sacrificial One who loves “lost” women! We know that you are fully aware…that she cannot wait. She longs for someone to love her towards Jesus. So many of you have taken courageous steps of faith to be one of the ones who loves women to Jesus! More cause for celebration…not just here on earth but also for eternity!
As we prepare for all the food, feasting, and family this month, don’t forget to pull out your gratitude journal, and let’s remember with grateful hearts how thankful we are that “He is our banner.”
“They sang, ‘Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor belong to our God forever and ever! Amen.’”
– Revelation 7:12 (NLT)
Prepare for Prayer
During this season of social distancing due to the coronavirus, seek out others who you can connect with in prayer from a distance. Consider using a conference call line like www.FreeConferenceCall.com or video conference like Zoom. Need help? Please contact: [email protected]
Prepare your heart before the Lord in gratitude and thanksgiving as we enter this time of prayer together.
Our focus for this month is: Thankful for Our Banner
Read: “They sang, ‘Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor belong to our God forever and ever! Amen.’”
Revelation 7:12 (NLT)
Pray: Heavenly Father, we praise your holy name as we acknowledge your attributes and remember with thanksgiving that You are the source of every blessing.
- That all glory and power and strength belong to God forever and ever.
- As we raise our banner of thankfulness to our Lord and Savior, we joyfully praise God that our names are written in the Book of Life!
- That the Lamb of God is our Great Shepherd and will one day wipe away every tear from our eyes. We can thank God that the word “Amen” means “so be it.” Praise God that He is on the throne and is the sovereign Creator that reigns over all His creation.
Pray for New Outreach Opportunities
Read: Colossians 4:2-3
“Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about his mysterious plan concerning Christ. “
Pray: Gracious God, help us to not be distracted by all that is going in on the world, and in our lives, but instead to be attentive to those around us that we can pray for. Give us undivided hearts for You and Your Kingdom that pour over into joyous gratitude for all that You are doing to draw women to Yourself!
- Asking God for watchful and evangelistic prayer for “lost” women to come to faith in Jesus Christ.
- Asking God for thankful prayers that align our will with God’s will, so that we can have a greater understanding of what thanksgiving really means.
- Seeking God for open doors for the message of hope found in Jesus. Just as the apostle Paul prayed for opportunities to share the Good News while under house arrest in prison, we too can pray that God would make a way for us while we are still in isolating times and social distancing due to coronavirus.
Sharing Your Faith
Read: Colossians 3:15-17
“And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.”
Pray: O Father, we can rest securely in the peace that You provide, and therefore, trust You to make us instruments of your peace so that women may come to know You.
- Our minds to be occupied by the peace that Christ brings, so that we may live out grateful, graceful, peaceful lives as we remember that we are ambassadors for Jesus Christ in a world that desperately needs a Savior.
- Obedience to follow His leading in loving others to Jesus so that they too may belong to the family of God.
- The Gospel of Christ to permeate all that we say and do, so that “lost” women may be reached with eternal hope.
Pray for our Nation and Leaders
Read: 2 Chronicles 7:14
“Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.”
Pray: Thank God that He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, as well as the wrongdoing of political leaders. Ask God for repentance, restoration and healing over the tension of our fractured nation.
- Repentance and faith of local, national, and world leaders during these times of great division.
- For humility and repentance for those in the household of God so that we might honor our Savior and be unified in our witness to those all around us.
- The upcoming election and seek God’s wisdom on how we can be a light to others during uncertain times.
Pray for the Stonecroft Family
Read: Psalm 107: 1-3
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others he has redeemed you from your enemies. For he has gathered the exiles from many lands, from east and west, from north and south.”
Pray: Thanking God for His redeeming love for you and for all that would receive Him!
- Women to understand that God is loving and good to all that He has made, and His faithfulness endures forever.
- Eternal hope to be discovered by women not in the faith yet because we have been faithful witnesses of our Lord and Savior.
- Joyful hearts brimming with thanksgiving that praise God because we can raise the family banner because of Jesus Christ, God’s Son.
Prayer Stonecroft’s leaders
Prison Ministry – Helen Jo Lewis on behalf of Bartlesville, OK Ladies Connection Jail Ministry.
- Pray for God’s blessings on the devotion to touch the hearts of the ladies.
- Pray the ladies will hunger for the Word of God and start taking the Bibles off the library cart.
- Pray for Sheriff Owen as he seeks to bring improvements to the County Jail.
- Pray for the two litigations currently involving the Washington County Jail.
- Pray for a former employee has been arrested for embezzlement and other things, as well as a former employee claiming wrongful discharge.
- Pray that the truth will prevail in both cases and if useful information may be gleaned from these trials, they will be put to good use. Sheriff Owen has been the new sheriff a little over a year now. We pray for God’s continuing guidance as he leads.
Pray for Stonecroft leaders such as Stonecroft Regional Administrators, District Consulting Coordinators, Regional Speaker Trainers, Regional Reps, Area Reps, Chairs, Prayer Consultants, and all new outreach leaders that they will be reminded that they are redeemed, loved, and can have grateful hearts because of God gave us Jesus Christ, His son.
Pray for our international partners that they would also radiate thankful hearts and be filled with the Holy Spirit so that they can be salt and light to those around them in their cultures.
Share Personal Requests
Pray for one another’s needs after first thanking God for the trials and struggles experienced, knowing that God is in charge and loves us no matter what the circumstances.
Father, this is the month when we gather, celebrate and feast on Thanksgiving. We are most thankful that You are our banner and we belong to You. Thank you for allowing us to be included in this sacred family of God. May we come to Your banqueting table with grateful hearts of praise. Amen.