Devotion: She Cannot Wait to Hear
There’s a true story that happened in 2017 of a man who had an LA Laker poster he thought might be worth a little money. He called an appraiser to come and give an estimate. The man was disappointed when the appraiser told him the poster was worth a whopping $300.
His disappointment soon changed to disbelief when the appraiser inquired about something else that caught his eye while examining the poster.
The man had no idea that in a stack he’d set aside for donation there was a priceless work of art. In the discard pile was an original Jackson Pollock that had been collecting dust, overlooked for years. He had received it from his sister but had no clue as to its origin.
The appraiser evaluates worth in three ways:
- Is it rare?
- Is it irreplaceable?
- Is it immensely desirable to the point that a price cannot be adequately assessed?
When the answers are “yes, yes, and yes,” then the appraiser identifies the items as immensely, sometimes immeasurably, valuable.
God looks at each of us and affirms the worth he planted inside every one of his creations: us.
You are rare.
You are irreplaceable.
You are priceless.
We are designed, created, and sustained by him, and his response to every appraisal of our worth is, “Yes, yes, yes!”
Do you know it? If you’ve embraced God’s limitless love, you do.
You know that he paid the ultimate price of the cross to restore our relationship to him.
But what about her? Does she know it? Does she realize she is rare, irreplaceable, and priceless?
In this time of isolation, of anxiety, of separation, and insecurity, many are finding themselves face to face with questions like “Does any of it matter? Am I alone? Am I loved?”
She cannot wait. She cannot wait to hear it, to experience, and to rest in the security of his proclamation to every single one of us, “I so loved YOU that I gave my only son…”
She is so loved, and she cannot wait for us to tell her.
*Taken from an excerpt of “Where Love Lives”.
During this season of social distancing due to the coronavirus, seek out others who you can connect with in prayer from a distance. Consider using a conference call line like www.FreeConferenceCall.com or video conference like Zoom. Need help, please contact: [email protected]
Prepare your heart and mind as you enter Prayer Connection in this new year that is fresh with new possibilities!
Our focus for this month is: “She Cannot Wait: Because She Is So Loved”
Read: “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 (NLT)
Pray: O God, You went to a great extent to show Your love. How could You give up Your one and only Son for everyone on the earth? We are not worthy of this great gift, but You so loved us and gave up Jesus freely to die a painful death for the penalty that our sins deserved. We love you God, and want to remember and live like we are so loved by You as we move into this new year!
- For His extravagant demonstration of love, hope, and eternal life found in our Lord Jesus.
- That as we are so loved, we can rest in the assurance of our forever home in heaven.
- That there is life found in a Father’s sacrificial love for you, me and everyone around the world!
Pray for New Outreach Opportunities
Read: 1 John 4:16-17 (NLT)
“We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect.”
- As we move into this new year, please help us to put our trust in Your astounding love.
- Asking God for new outreach opportunities where you and our planning team can love new women to Jesus, because she cannot wait till someone tells her about how much she is loved.
- For a deeper walk with God this year so that as you live in God, your love can grow to His perfection.
Sharing Your Faith
Read: Ephesians 3:18-19 (NLT)
“And may you have power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.”
Pray: O God, Your love is beyond understanding. We stand in awe of how You so loved us with Your only Son, Jesus Christ. As Jesus laid down His life for us, we know we are not worthy to be so loved like this, but You make us to be made worthy by Your love. We are so overwhelmed by Your love!
- Asking God to help you understand all that His love means so that you might experience His love more fully.
- Asking God to be used as a vessel of Christ’s love to those not in the faith yet.
- Asking God to fill you with His Holy Spirit so that we might live out our understanding of the surpassing love of God so that others may see and know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, and can experience that they can be so loved by God.
Pray for Our Nation and Leaders
Read: Deuteronomy 7:9
“Understand, therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands.”
Pray: Covenant Keeping God, we praise You for Your faithfulness to us and to many generations. We pray for the leaders in our nation that know You and those who do not. We know that being so loved by You God is all our leaders really need.
- Asking God to bring revival in our nation and to the hearts of our leaders.
- For the Presidential Inauguration on January 20th
- For healing among our divided nation that has become more and more polarized and in need of being so loved by God. For an outpouring of the Holy Spirit and God’s gracious forgiving love.
Pray for the Stonecroft Family
Read: Psalm 23:6 (NLT)
“Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.”
Pray: O Great Shepherd, we are so touched that Your love pursues us. You assure us that two things follow us all the days of our life: goodness and mercy – not guilt and shame. We long to deeply understand Your grace and forgiveness. We thank You that where there was once guilt, there is now goodness. And where there was once shame, there is now Your mercy and unfailing love. We thank You that You so loved us in this tender way.
- Thank God that He loves in a supernatural way and we can stand on His truth of being so loved.
- Asking God to forgive our patterns that we turn away from His goodness and mercy.
- That as we experience being so loved, we can with God’s help demonstrate His love all who may receive God’s love too.
Prayer for Stonecroft’s two new Board of Directors:
- Brenda L. Yoder is a therapist, school counselor, author, speaker, wife, mom to four adult children and one grandchild. She lives on a family farm in Shipshewana, Indiana, and is the host of the Life Beyond the Picket Fence podcast. Prayer requests include God’s clear direction for ministry in 2021 and wisdom as her husband makes decisions in the coming months about a career change.
- Melissa Houdmann is a writer and editor from Colorado Springs, Colorado. She is a co-founder of GotQuestions.org Ministries (along with her husband Shea) and enjoys leading their kid’s division. She volunteers with her local Stonecroft outreach, Stonecroft Bible Studies, and in her church. Pray for MeLissa as she learns the governance model of the Stonecroft board. May God give her understanding and direction. Also pray for MeLissa as she seeks to share Jesus’ love and His gospel with those around her—through her ministry, in her neighborhood, and in her relationships.
Prayers for these Board member’s coming off their term:
- Lorraine Myrholm – Pray for Lorraine as she moves into another phase of life. Prayers for continued meaningful ministry in her sphere: family – two sons and a daughter and 6 grandchildren between 21 and 6; her community – a small adult complex many of whom follow the Lord; and her church. Pray for discernment and faithfulness to what God places in my way going forward.
- Char Kellogg
- Emily Firnstahl – Pray for time with her 95-year-old mom who is not a believer yet, and for her daughter, Amelia, and son-in-law, Perry, who aren’t walking with the Lord. Please pray God draws her family to Jesus Christ.
Pray for Stonecroft leaders such as Stonecroft Regional Administrators, District Consulting Coordinators, Regional Speaker Trainers, Regional Reps, Area Reps, Chairs, Prayer Consultants, and all new outreach leaders that they will be feel so loved by God through Jesus Christ.
Pray for our international partners that they too would experience being so loved by Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Share Personal Requests
Pray for one another’s needs over the start of this new year and remember and claim that you are so loved by God in all circumstances. His faithful love endures forever.
Father, we thank You for this Prayer Connection time. As we begin 2021, we want to live out being so loved by You so that others can see and know of a God who loves them, too!