Did you know that making a charitable gift of appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds can help to change a woman’s life for eternity AND save you taxes? Giving these assets is easier than you think, and one of the most tax-effective ways for you to make a gift to support Stonecroft.
When you make a gift of your securities or bonds to Stonecroft, not only do you fund the work of spreading the Gospel, you also benefit in the following ways:
- You receive a charitable income tax deduction, often for the full fair market value of your gift. This translates into tax savings on your next income tax return!
- If you make a gift, rather than sell your appreciated investment, you can avoid capital gains tax otherwise due.
- Your gift may also help you avoid paying the health care tax on any net investment income.
- Because you are making a gift of an asset, your gift will not adversely affect your cash flow.
- Making gifts from your assets, instead of from your checkbook, may allow you to make a greater gift than you ever thought possible.
To make a gift of stock, contact Whitney Putnam at [email protected].