Season 1, Episode 4:
Asking Good Questions
Jesus got into amazing conversations with people because he asked good questions. It gave him insight into others’ lives so he knew how to care for them and point them toward God. When we follow his example by asking good questions and listening well to others, it speaks powerfully into people’s lives.
Maddison and Jessica discuss some of their favorite and most effective questions they use in talking with people about their spiritual backgrounds and beliefs – and share how to be mindful of people’s body language and openness to discuss spiritual things.
Here are some suggested questions to help us get into spiritual (or deeper) conversations with others:
- It sounds like you’re going through some difficult stuff. How are you coping?
- Have you ever prayed about some of the hard stuff in your life? What was that experience like?
- Tell me more about your story. What’s your background?
- What is your spiritual background?
- What do you like to do for fun?
- How do you define success in life?
- What was it like growing up in your family? Did your family members practice any particular religion?
- What’s been your experience with the church or with Christians?
Beyond Awkward: When Talking About Jesus Is Outside Your Comfort Zone by Beau Crosetto | paperback & ebook