** Note: This month, and throughout 2012, Prayer Connections will no longer include the ACTS format. We encourage you to continue using ACTS if that format works for your prayer group. You can find the printable format at www.stonecroft.org/outpouring under Prayer Formats in the right margin.
Throughout 2012, Prayer Connections will include a specific prayer focus. You can read more about Call To Me, a Year of Prayer, on the Outpouring webpage, which includes a prayer calendar and other helpful tools. There is also a Call To Me website with information on each month's prayer focus, Call To Me event details, and more. Visit stonecroft.org/calltome to learn more.
March Prayer Connection
March's Focus: Pray for the marginalized (at-risk) woman and her family, and women and children who may be experiencing oppression, poverty, lack.
Scriptures: Micah 6:8 (NLT) "No, O people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."
Additional Scriptures: Eccles. 4:1; Psalm 9:9; Isaiah 58:6- 12; Psalm 82:3-4; Prov. 14:31
Ideas to broaden Prayer Connections in your communities:
- Invite other ministries and non-profits that serve women to join your Prayer Connection this month for a joint time of prayer.
- Invite women's Bible study groups to join your Prayer Connection this month, such as Stonecroft Bible Study groups, church groups, and other community Bible study groups.
- Read your local newspapers and clip stories of at-risk, marginalized women. Bring them to the Prayer Connection and share with the women to pray over during prayer time.
Optional: Email the women who have attended the Prayer Connection and share with them that this month's prayer focus will be at-risk women and families, and women and children who may be experiencing oppression, poverty, or lack. Ask them to:
1. Consider what group of women they are most concerned for.
2. Write down what verse(s) of Scripture come to mind to pray for that group. Ask them to bring their notes to the Prayer Connection with them.
At the Prayer Connection:
- Explain the Month's Prayer focus--describe what a 'marginalized' woman means, giving examples
- Ask women to share the groups of women and families who they are most concerned for
- During prayer time encourage them to pray the Scriptures they brought with them on behalf of the women in the groups they have mentioned
- If you have brought local news clippings be sure to pass these to the ladies to pray over during prayer time
Additional requests for Prayer:
- Pray that the Lord would work through Stonecroft Ministries as our volunteers reach out in love and compassion to women, showing them Christ's love and reaching them with the Gospel
- Pray as a group for those who are marginalized in your communities
- Pray for the working poor in your communities. Pray for men and women who are unemployed
- Pray for the elderly and the widows who can so easily be minimized in our culture
- Pray for the young women who are caught in the sex-trafficking industry
- Pray for women and families who are refugees to this country, or living in countries where there is inadequate food and shelter
- Pray for women and families new to the community and country who do not know the language
- Pray for women facing HIV/AIDS. Pray for God's help in finding solutions
- Pray for women and families enduring domestic violence and abuse
- Pray for those who do not have access to adequate health care for themselves or their families
- Pray for single mothers who are doing their best to raise their children without a father and who work to provide income
- Pray for those who feel abandoned by society
- Pray for the heart and compassion of Christ to reach out to the lonely, oppressed, and poor
- Pray that the Lord would show your group how to reach out
- Pray that the Lord would provide the financial resources for Stonecroft Ministries to be able to reach out in this way
- Pray for the Call to Me Prayer training that will be occurring at Stonecroft's Home Office April 24-28. Pray for many women to be led to attend and that finances will come in to help women who can not afford the cost of registration and transportation